CAPE (Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment) and Verizon just launched Season 2 of the #IAm Campaign, a series of mini-documentaries showcasing the voices and achievements of Asian Americans & Pacific Islanders.
This is the second year that CAPE, a non-profit organization that champions diversity in entertainment and media, joined forces with Verizon to produce this #IAm digital awareness campaign.
Season 2 highlights the inspiring stories of the following seven artists:
- Jason Chen, musician
- Arden Cho, actress (“Teen Wolf”)
- Cassey Ho, lifestyle and fitness guru (Blogilates)
- Daniel Dae Kim, actor (“Lost,” “Hawaii Five-0”)
- Ki Hong Lee, actor (THE MAZE RUNNER, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”)
- Ted Kim, Yong Kim, and Chris Oh, founders of Seoul Sausage Co.
- Constance Wu, actress (“Fresh Off The Boat”)
In addition to releasing the mini-documentaries, the #IAm Campaign will host two free live events, hosted by comedian Paul “PK” Kim, featuring the artists and live performances:
- Los Angeles: Japanese American National Museum, 100 N. Central Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 6 pm – 8:30 pm (May 27)
- New York: Japan Society, 333 E. 47th St., New York, NY, 6 pm – 8:30 pm (June 18)
“Reuniting with Verizon and working with these seven artists on this year’s campaign was an amazing and uplifting experience,” said Michelle K. Sugihara, CAPE’s Executive Director. “This campaign reminds us all to embrace our identity, take risks, and dream big. I hope it inspires everyone to share their #IAm story.”
Jessica Shih, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Relations at Verizon stated, “Verizon is thrilled to be collaborating with CAPE to build an online platform for all individuals, not just Asian Americans & Pacific Islanders, to share their own journeys and stories. Through the mini-documentary series and live events, we hope to empower the community to inspire each other to achieve their dreams.”
To learn more about #IAm and to join the conversation online, visit http://www.iam-campaign.com. Follow and share your own story on social media at #IAm.